Connecting to FSX
Air Navigation Pro has the possibility of using all its features with MS Flight Simulator X (FSX).
In order to do this, follow these steps:
- Make sure to save the “Acceleration” pack installed with FSX (or instead the SP1 and SP2, that you can get from the internet).
- Download and install the plugin from the Addons tab of our site:
If having issues while installing it, run the icon as “Administrator” (right-click on it)
- Download and install “Bonjour” application:
- Make sure to have both PC and iPad/iPhone connected to the SAME wifi network.
- Run FSX and accept the messages that will be shown related to the plugin.
- Run Air Navigation Pro on your iPad/iPhone and make sure to ONLY have the “Flight Simulator X” sensor in «Tools» menu (disable all the others, including “iOS Location Services”).
- Start a flight in FSX and press “ALT” key , then look for the “Add-ons” menu on the top bar and Start Air Navigation bridge.
Note: make sure to have no Firewalls blocking the connection.
- Please, check if you have a "AirnavBridgeFSX.dll" file in the \AirnvBridgeFSX directory within your P3D / FSX directory structure.
- Check if the installer succeeded in modifying the DLL.XML (located in c:\Users\<Your Name>\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\). In any case, edit the DLL.XML to check if this section actually exists:
<Launch.Addon> <Name>Air Nav Bridge FSX</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>AirnavBridgeFSX\AirnavBridgeFSX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>
If not, obviously correct/edit DLL.XML to reflect.
Note: There might also be a simple mistake such as an error in a line of the DLL file. Example: Instead of having "Air Nav", you read "Air Mav".
Still having issues:
If you notice a mistake in the file name given on the FSX error message, for example reading "AirmavBridgeFSX...", with an "m" instead of an "n", you should try doing the following: Rename ALL the files related to the FSX Air Nav Pro plugin with the same mistake (put an "m" and remove the "n"). For example: if you have AirnavBridgeFSX.dll, rename the file to AirmavBridgeFSX.dll
Still having issues:
Try removing this key from registry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers] "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\fsx.exe"="$ IgnoreFreeLibrary<AirnavbridgeFSX.dll> HIGHDPIAWARE"
Back to index