In this article, we will describe some useful tips to be taken into account for when you are flight planning.
- Before creating a route, we always recommend to:
- Create an Aircraft profile
- Assign it to the current Mission.
- Always check the red bubbles for each module of a flight. They will give you information about the problem.
- Check that your downloaded map is enabled under the Map TAB.
- The Map options to show or hide waypoints, airspaces and other widgets such as NOTAM, METAR and obstacles are managed from the Map TAB.
- You can enter the ID of the waypoint you wish to add to the route in the search field.
- You can right-click on the moving map to reach various options.
- When terrain is an obstacle for our route, we can add mid waypoints in the Elevation graph making a click on the problematic area directly in the graph.
- You can show or hide airspaces in the Elevation Graph from the Map TAB.
- Units can be configured from the «Preferences» module under under «File» top menu.
- You can enable some useful widgets from the Map TAB.
- The wheel symbol at top of the menus have useful options to check out.
- If you do not want to show all the contact frequencies when you print your flight out, you can uncheck them from the waypoint info window.
Back to index