After installation of the application, at first launch, the system will ask for authorization to access location data (GPS). You should allow GPS access to Air Navigation otherwise realtime navigation functionalities will not work properly. If your device do not have an integrated GPS device, you should get some of the ones advised on page 5.
After launching Air Navigation for the first time, the map should be centered to your current location. The application has an internal waypoints database and you should see waypoints in the vicinity on the map. Please note that NO map in the background is installed with the application. You can install a map from various free-of-charge or commercial sources in the «Map Store» module within the app or from the «Addons» page of the User Account Website. You can find more information on how to install maps/charts in the next page.
Should you wish to change length, speed or altitude units, you can do so from the «Settings» panel.
Installing maps and charts
Screenshots of our products: link to the gallery of screenshots
Different type of products can be installed to be used as the background image of the moving map module or to use with the 3D module and the Elevation Graph:
- Free-of-charge maps;
- Charts from the public domain;
- Paid charts;
- Geo-referenced approach charts;
- 3D data;
- Free Elevation data.
These products are stored in the iPhone/iPad’s memory and do not require an internet connection while flying.
There are two ways of getting the charts/data:
- Map Store module.
- Xample Services website.
In this chapter, we will focus on the Map Store . There is a dedicated part in the Xample Services chapter with information on how to use the Xample Services account to purchase products.
Before you attempt to download a product you should check that:
- Your iPhone/iPod/iPad is connected to a functional Wifi network;
- Bluetooth is turned OFF on your device, as it can disturb the Wifi network, sometimes leading to download failure.
if you wish to uninstall any chart, map or 3D data, you should do it from the panel «Installed products» of the Map Store module.
The Map Store module has been modified totally on version 5.3 to make it more easy to use. It looks like the screenshot beside shows and it’s reachable from the Configuration button/tab. It has 4 sections:
- Installed products
- It shows the charts, maps and data that is currently installed in the app.
- All my products'
- It shows all the purchased charts, maps and data and the free products downloaded by the user, too. If you reinstall the application or lose a map, here you will get it back. It also allows to sync the products purchased on the Android version.
- It is divided into two parts:
- by country: you can choose the country you are interested in and you will show all the charts/maps and data available for that country.
- by product groups: you will show the products by their category.
- It lists current and pending downloads. This module is typically used to monitor download progression of a product. It is possible to reorder/delete the downloads or cancel all by pressing on the «Edit» button located at the upper left corner.