Android versionToolbar press on the «Map Options» button to access various options for the moving map.
Also, you have an option at the bottom of the panel that allows you to filter by an airfield’s runway’s surface.
Maps: You can show or hide a downloaded map or move it above or below to make it visible in case of overlaying with another one.
Bearing line: it will draw a line pointing to the next waypoint selected on the map.
Extended track line: it is the front line from your current position showing ETE of 2, 5 and 10 minutes away.
Vector label: shows the course and distance to the next waypoint.
Runway identifier: shows runway extensions for destination waypoint of a route.
From the «Toolbar» press the «Map Options» button to access various options for the moving map:
- Brightness. Controls the brightness of the screen.
- Show maps. Enables or disables the screen background.
- Elevation graph. Enables or disables the terrain elevation view.
- Terrain awareness 2D/3D. Enables or disables the terrain awareness for both moving map and 3D EFIS module.
- Show METAR on map. Displays icons over the Airports according to the weather conditions (VMC/IMC) on the map. Internet connection is needed to use this feature.
The «Maps settings» module
- Airspaces. Displays a list where you can show/hide the airspaces according to their type on the moving map. Use it as a filter of which type of airspaces you'd like to always see on the map and which ones not. There's also an Altitude filter, so you might choose from seeing all the existing airspaces in the zone you are flying or just the ones at your current altitude.
- Besides, you can fully-shade the airspaces and even display their names and show them in the Elevation Graph as shown on the screenshots below.
- Waypoints. You can filter the waypoints according to their type (Airfield, Heliport, IFR,VRP, Navaid, etc). There`s also the chance to filter by runway length and surface type.
- Obstacles. Obstacles can be enabled or hidden as well as filtered by altitude. For more information about this feature, please refer to this article.
- Widgets. You can choose to show or hide the extended track line of the plane (shown as a dotted orange line) and the bearing line to a next waypoint (shown as a dotted gray line). See screenshot below. You can also show labels on each leg vector that will show distance and course to next waypoint. As another feature, runway identifiers will extend the runway limits on the moving map to make the approach easier.
- Background color. You can choose the color of the background for the zones where no maps are shown. This is a very useful tool for when you find “gaps” or “white” zones in the sea/ocean part of some downloaded charts. You can then choose the “sea” color to fill those gaps.
- Maps. You can show/hide/overlay previously downloaded maps.
Air Navigation Pro's map engine is capable of displaying multiple maps at the same time and specify which map should be displayed on top where they overlap. It means that you can MIX maps from different providers and use them all at the same time.
Back to index (Android)
Back to index (iOS)